By Rick Nicholas, Rancho Sec., Ser., LLC | October 20, 2010 at 04:06 PM EDT | No Comments
Here are some steps to avoid becoming a victim of fraud:
- Shred documents that have personal or confidential information about you and your family before putting them in the trash
- Review your bank and credit card statement each month for charges you did not make
- Review your credit reports from all three national credit bureaus.
- Don't forget to have your spouse check theirs as well
- Watch for warning signs such as:
- Sounds too good to be true
- A company guarantees success on an investment
- Doesn't have the look of a real business (check with the Better Business Bureau)
- Requires an upfront investment for a free gift
These are only a few things to watch for. Remember if it doesn't feel right check it out.